Accidents are an unwanted incident which creates problems for people who are involved in it and also their near and dear ones. Worse still people can end up losing their life. Without a shade of doubt these are some of the most traumatic and stressful events one can undergo. The unfortunate fact is one can be as vigilant as they want but accidents can still occur. One can take care, but if the other parties are not careful, then accidents can still take place. Also, there is no time, place or any fixed instance for an accident. It happens when people least expect it to.
As per records, about 6.2 million police reported vehicle crashes occurred on US highways in 2005 which is one every five seconds; which went to 20 million in 2006.
Here are a few points to be kept in mind if one is involved in a car accident, be sure to call a car accident attorney las vegas:
· The vehicle needs to be stopped immediately. Else people might think that it is a hit and run case and the consequences of that could be worse
· After the accident make sure to be calm and slowly climb out of the car and stand away from the roadside
· In the event of an accident, the safety of everyone involved in the accident is very essential. In the case of an injury call the emergency services. Provide location details and information regarding the injury as much as possible. Also, do not try to move the injured party unless they are in some immediate danger. The cops should be notified immediately if the accident has caused injuries, or created a hazardous situation, or damaged some public property or if someone flees from the accident site without giving their details. The vehicles also should not be moved until the police arrive
· Understand the type and extent of injury to self and the other party. Also, take note of the damage to your and the other parties car
· Make sure that you do not take the blame for the accident. Let the insurance company cover it. Do not make any settlements or undertake any such discussions even if you feel that the collision was your fault
However, the fact is that when something like this happens people tend to react out of character and forget their basic responsibilities. However, it is paramount that you get as much information from the other driver as possible like his name, address, identity number, type of vehicle and vehicle registration number. In a situation where either of the drivers is gravely injured and not able to communicate then one should try and obtain as much information as possible.
As mentioned, an accident makes the calmest of people react irrationally. However, by following the above steps one can make sure that they behave properly and follow norms which will not only be beneficial to you but the other driver as well. Especially, if the driver has met with some serious injuries.
This will also help your insurance company to build your case as they will have detailed information and they will be able to carry out their checks swiftly and process your claims smoothly and quickly.